Submitted by: TechToolsSymptom: The DV1-100 seems to turn off while capturing data. If I unplug the USB cable and then re-connect it, everything works fine for awhile.
Cause: This is caused by the USB subsystem of your computer. Digiview is being disconnected by the USB subsystem because of one of the following:
1. Another device on the same Root Hub is using bandwidth, causing a bandwidth shortage.
2. The Root Hub is not capable of supporting a High Power, Bus powered device.
DigiView uses a USB mode that is rarely used by other devices - High BandWith, High Power, Bus Powered. The most common USB failure is the root hub not being able to supply enough current to meet the full USB specifications for this mode.
DigiView is a USB 1.1 device (2.0 compatible) and requires < 500ma when active. USB specifications (1.1 and 2.0) require each port of a root hub to supply up to 500ma. DigiView requests 494ma and remains in low power mode until the request is granted. When granted, the OS enumerates DigiView and the LED turns on.
1. If other devices are connected to the same root hub, remove them.
2. If the computer has several root hubs, try a port on another hub.
3. Try an externally powered hub (a 4 port hub should have a 2Amp power supply).
4. Try a different computer.